Note: Dresses from Impression Couture, Sottero and Midgley, Maggie Sottero, Lazaro, Demetrios, Monique Lhuiller, Sincerity bridal and Simone Cavalli.
There are famous six types of wedding gowns
1. A-Line- A Line silhouette is a gown for almost any shape and sizes, it is flattering to many figures as it skims curves for those with big curves, and it elongates the petite by adding an illusion length and it also add fullness to taller brides.
2. Ball Gown- it is a classic wedding dress of all time. I can say it is the most traditional wedding gown. A ball gown is also know as a pick up, they say when you wear this gown you can’t remove it by yourself. It is fabulous for those who like to shape their waist add volume to their shape. It is a perfect choice for fairytale wedding.
3. Sheath- It a sexy slinky figure hugging dress which flow direct from your shoulders by following your body. If you have the so called ‘nyama uzembe’ sheath style is not suitable for you. It is chic and most preferred for beach weddings or outdoor weddings. This figure hugging silhouette is hot and it will be hot for many couple of seasons.
4. Mermaid- mhmm if you have a figure like Beyonce why not show it. A Mermaid silhouette is the style for you. It is a fit and flare type of dress. It fitted well on top and dramatically flare from the hips down. Mermaid wedding dresses are strictly advised for very confident bride. It can be good on tall and slender to a medium size bride. If you are a petite or broad shoulder lady avoid this style.
5. Tea-Length- It is a contemporary wedding dress style which end 2cms below your knee. It can be perfect for a second wedding, very causal and it perfect for informal wedding like bomani or ubalozini. You will look just fabulous if you have nice pair of legs with classic pair of shoes.
6. Empire/Grecian/Princess wedding dress- If you like to rule this is the dress for you. It is for Goddess and the Queens and Kings decedents. It is high waited and smoothing down to your body with slimmer skirt. It gently blends the waist and provides a long and lean silhouette. It is good for petite brides and slim slender brides.
Choose your dress according to your body type and look fab! in your dream day!