- To have two comfortable chairs, each with a good reading light.
- To smash - of course it was an accident - the hand-painted rose jar his former flame gave us as a wedding gift.
- To have the furniture re-upholstered, at least once in my lifetime, in the gay colors I adore instead of the drab stuff that won't show dirt.
- To let the dust gather, occasionally, if the alternative is all work and no play.
- To insist on modern kitchen equiptment even if his mother did make perfect biscuits on a coal range.
- To have one large closet for myself alone.