Sunday, April 20, 2014


NWB has been planning a workshop for quite some time now, starting to get the pieces all together to be able to present an incredible workshop for wedding photographers, who want to be inspired and learn more from fellow colleagues and people in the wedding industry. There are so many photographers we admire, and whom we wanted to invite to be our leading speakers, but for this special event we chose the amazing, and total wicked talented ladies of 2 BRIDES PHOTOGRAPHY; Isabelle Hesselberg and Emmi-Sabina Forsberg.


Not only do I want to create a workshop that will help you build your portfolio with stunning images, learn 'truth & wisdom' from the best, and share an unique experience and make friendships; I also want to be able to create the possibility to leave the workshop with the feeling of being part of something extraordinary, leaving there with a fuller heart, so that every now and then when you look back on those days, you'll smile that content smile, knowing that you made one hell of a good decision when you decided to join that workshop - and group of creative souls.

I knew I was lucky to have some incredible inspirational speakers on the list, but little did I know I had that much inspiration to offer the attendees before I read an amazing interview, that blew me away. Not only for the story itself, but because this woman decided to share her story with the world, and for me that is true courage. It's a big decision to tell your story, not knowing how it's going to be recived. What I do know, is that you'll always touch others with your sincerity, and you'll also touch those who are where you are, looking at life in some way or another as you do, and those are the people you want to surround yourself with - in any circumstance; both professionally and in life in general.

You can google, then practice and learn all the technique you like, whenever you like today, but what you can't buy or learn online, is that deeper human connection, that real life moments bring to life, that makes your heart flood, and feel that you're a part of something greater. The moments that is LIFE, and what we all live for. NWB wants to create a workshop for creative artists that wants to fill up their heart & soul, as much as their portfolio, and in order for that to happen, I needed some special people; and with that being said; I'm so honored and proud to say Isabelle Hesselberg is one of them;

"Motivation comes from a true desire to create, I can not live without it. It’s like breathing to me.  I simply can’t see myself doing anything else, at all. Ever."



Isabelle spent her first few months of life at an orphanage, and was later adopted by her loving parents, that taught her that it is ok to be different, and it doesn’t matter if you don’t have any legs or just one arm. You are perfect just the way you are, and you can become anything your heart desires. We all need that in life, that one person or someone to tell us that we can, will be and do, whatever our heart desires - that we're worthy of love and belonging. And if you don't have people that teach you that in life, go find them, that's where the fruit is, and that's the food your soul need in life. People who's going to lift you higher, who wants to see you do good no matter who you are, where you came from or what you have. For me art has always been, and still is; HOPE.

Growing up being taught the exact opposite, that I wasn't worthy of anything, little less love - and that creativity is for stupid people, made me yearning for inspiring creative people my whole life. What my parents didn't teach or show me, I had to learn from books, art, photography, and inspiring people I found via papers, schools, or parents of my friends. I know that all you need is that little mustard seed to be planted, to grow and become what you were meant to be. People telling their story, without any shame, make other people believe - and create the courage to live the life they deserve, wholeheartedly.


By building a life you love, your business will grow too. I'm a strong believer that you prosper where your heart follows. Creating true art for 'everyday people', in everyday life's small and big moments of their life - and love story, must be one of the hardest, and most honorable jobs ever, and without a doubt a job, where your heart needs to follow. Heart, authenticity, and sincerity is what makes magic, and my gut feeling leads me to people I feel possesses those qualities; that's whom I myself want to learn from, and work with - and those are the people I want you to learn from. I want kick-ass people, to create a kick-ass workshop. Life as they say isn't about kissing ass, it's about kicking ass. Making a workshop with all that creativity blossom into something stunningly beautiful. We all need beauty to inspire us, that's what creates hope, we need beauty to believe in something better, seeing the world as beautiful as it is, and no matter how life is - or unfolds for each and every one, beauty still is what it is, and it makes our hearts flutter with joy. Via Isabelle's interview, I learned a new quote by Ross Harvey, that fits my way of seeing things perfectly:

"Trust your gut, the heart sends impulses to your brain, that’s a medical fact. So when they say follow your heart or gut, trust it because it is true."

Now you have to pop on over and read the total inspiring interview, that made me write this blogpost. You'll find it HERE. Thank you to Charlie and EVERYDAY HAPPY (Another great post is to be found HERE.), for bringing this to life, and thank you to Isabelle for sharing your story; the world needs people like you, to show us the way of life. You also have to go check out Isabelle's latest project; HOLY SWEET. We are dying over this book, it's just a visual feast for any eye, and the ultimate reading for all cake and dessert lovers!



I would like to finish this blogpost, with one of my favorite quotes, written by Elizabeth Kübler-Ross:

“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.”

If you want to sign up for more information regarding our SCANDINAVIAN STYLE with HEART & SOUL WORKSHOP in september - send us an email, and we'll keep you updated. If you want to read more about 2 BRIDES PHOTOGRAPHY, please read THE INTERVIEW we did with the talented ladies.

The workshop is now open for registration HERE!